Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Penzey's Baked Oatmeal




Well, that was a long bloggie break !



I am a huge fan of baked oatmeal and have a FABULOUS Baked Oatmeal already posted here.



When I went to visit my parents on the west coast last summer, mom made me this and I must admit, I was very skeptical because I already make a fabulous baked oatmeal.... and then I tasted this.........amazing.



You.will.love.it !!!!




Easy ~ Breezy ~ and DID I MENTION........... AMAZING ??






adapted from Penzey's Baked Oatmeal





2 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats or 2 3/4 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/3 cups skim milk ( I used 2%)
4 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions:

1 Preheat oven to 350.
2 Spray an 8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
3 In a large bowl combine oats, sugar, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
4 In a medium bowl, combine milk, egg whites, oil and vanilla and mix well.
5 Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
6 Pour into a baking dish. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool slightly. Serve topped with milk, yogurt, fruit or enjoy plain. Store leftover oatmeal tightly covered in the fridge.


Share/Bookmark







10 comments:

AllThingsYummy said...

Mmmmm... I love baked oatmeal too.

Janet said...

I have never heard of baked oatmeal, but this sounds delicious. Come winter I will have to give it a try. Glad you are back!

Simple Daisy said...

Looks delicious!!!! And welcome back:)

Pam said...

I've never tried baked oatmeal... it looks and sounds tasty.

Choosy Beggar Tina said...

I made a promise to myself that I would start eating more oatmeal, and this recipe looks like a great one to add into morning rotation! I had never heard of baked oatmeal before, but this looks so easy that I can't wait to try it. Thank you!

Picadillo said...

I'm so glad to see that you are blogging again. Missed your recipes and pictures! BTW great choice of music.

Kate said...

ooh this looks so great. I really could just eat this now!!! YUM!

thanks for having a visit to my blog! :)

Leslie said...

mmmm.I love me some oatmeal. I have yet had anything by Penzeys..I am sure I am missing out

Cassy said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I want to bake an oatmeal too.

Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

Anonymous said...

Hey my friend! I hope all is well! This baked oatmeal looks refreshing & mightty tasty too!

Many greetings from your foodie friend from Belgium & kisses too! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails